Over $35,000 raised to support Mennonite Disaster Services relief and rebuilding efforts in fire-stricken areas of California and Oklahoma!
Welcome to The West Coast Mennonite Men's Chorus website!
Now in our 42nd year, this group of committed men who love to sing have joined together to form the West Coast Mennonite Men's Chorus. Although rich in the Mennonite tradition of singing as a significant form or worship, this group now represents men from many walks of life and various churches who commit their time and talent to this time-honored endeavor. Centered in the Fresno, California area, singers come from surrounding cities and states to practice and perform.
Several concerts are performed each year. Funds raised through free-will offerings at each concert help support the projects associated with disaster relief and humanitarian efforts throughout the world. The chorus has been an active supporter of world relief projects throughout the chorus history; more than $550,000 has been raised to date. All funds raised go to directly to the project. The expenses associated with the operation of the chorus are covered through sponsor donations and underwriting by members of the chorus itself.
The mission of the WCMMC is to:
- Glorify in song our Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ
- Meet spiritual needs through the ministry of music
- Promote male singing in Mennonite congregations
- Cultivate the common bonds of those who share Christian beliefs and traditions
- Provide a choral forum for the celebration and expressions of the Christian faith
- Support the world-wide relief and development efforts of Mennonite relief organizations.
We hope you are inspired and blessed as you hear our vocal message. Few experiences will rival the sound of this group as we lift our voices in praise.
The tentative 2019 Concert Season Schedule is listed below.